Yesterday morning, Twitter announced the introduction of the new header image. Ah, the wave of a visual focus across social media platforms continues. But don't fret! This is not only a completely easy tweak to make to your business Twitter profile but also a great opportunity to further brand your page. The new header image does not get rid of your current profile image; instead, it simply acts as a backdrop to the top of your profile. It is a bit of a spin-off of Google+ and Facebook. Take a look at an example:
1. Go to the "Me" button on the top left-hand side of your page
2. Click "Edit Profile" on the top right
3. On the vertical menu on the left-hand side of the page, click "Design"
4. Scroll down the page until you see the "Customize Your Own" header
5. Under that header, the first thing you will see is "Change Header"
6. Click the button, and upload your image
Take this opportunity to let out your creative side. With more pixels to work with, you can really amp-up the visual appeal of your page. Keep in mind it is a bit tricky to choose an appropriate header image due to the fact that Twitter has slammed your bio information and username directly in the middle of the new image. Keep it simple, and make sure that it effectively compliments your background and current avatar picture. To see some Twitter accounts that have done this well, click here.
For further assistance on managing your social media campaigns, contact a Blue Archer professional at Pittsburgh's leading web design, development, and internet marketing company.
Internet Marketing Analyst