We get it, you're busy and no one in the office wants to go on camera. You have a firm policy of just saying no when it comes to ridiculous aspects of social media and digital marketing.
Unfortunately, you may need to resolve to put aside the camera shyness for the sake of your patients.
Why Do Patients Love Video
Videos have helped hospitals become better storytellers and create an emotional response with viewers, which ultimately, help drive engagement.
In the world of social conversation and digital marketing, patients like to create a relationship with their healthcare providers.
Hospitals and other healthcare professionals may also use video to:
- Educate consumers
- Provide virtual tours of their facilities
- Provide real-time documentation of surgeries
Video And Digital Marketing
Facebook has been trying to beat YouTube in terms of video for quite sometime which has upped the ante for marketers. Between Facebook algorithm changes and new video based platforms, marketers learned the skill of adaption.
Facebook's most recent change now allows digital marketers to collect data based on video views.
- Unique Viewers
- Average % Completion
- Audience Retention
- Average View Duration
- Organic vs. Paid
Statistics to consider
In addition to new updates, there is also the cold, hard data to drive your video campaign.
- Over 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- You’re 53 times more likely to appear on Google’s first page if you have video
- Online video delivers 10 times the response rate than static text and graphics
- Click-through rates increase by 96% when you embed video in e-newsletters
If you're convinced that video will benefit your patients you can get started on the right foot with some best practices.
Create a content guide that covers a variety of topics. Before doing this, you may also want to determine your audience to see what will resonate best.
- Compelling or inspirational stories to connect with the audience
- How-to guides for those that may not have a current medical need
- Tips for avoiding seasonal sickness
- Customer testimonials
- General health education
- Preventative tips
- Interviews with current customers
You may be a well seasoned marketer in the industry or a small practice just starting out. If this is your first time with video, follow some of the basic tips first.
- Always make sure you have adequet lighting while shooting a video
- SWhether it is a camera or phone, keep it stable
- Take all photos and videos in landscape mode
- Try to include your logo in case of sharing using a video editing tool
- Keep it short and to the point
If you need help with getting started or incorporating video into your own digital marketing campaign, let us know!