|Image from www.alphonseha.com|
One of the most popular social networking sites, LinkedIn is used by professionals for networking and other business-related purposes. Even though LinkedIn may require more dedication than other social networking sites, it can become a powerful tool for business professionals when used effectively.
Simple ways to start using LinkedIn effectively:
- Fill out your profile completely to earn credibility.
- Use widgets to integrate tools, such as importing the company blog entries or Twitter stream, into your profile.
- Answer questions in Questions and Answers.
- Ask questions in Questions and Answers to get a feel for what customers and prospects want or think.
- Link to LinkedIn on all digital marketing collateral, including email signatures, email newsletters, websites and blogs; prospects can not only learn more about your business, but also review your business on LinkedIn.
- Grow your network by joining industry and alumni groups related to your business.
- Update your status with examples of recent work.
- Use the search feature to find people by company, industry and city.
- Start and manage a group or fan page for your product, brand or business.
- Research your prospects before meeting or contacting them.
- Write honest and valuable recommendations for your contacts.
- Request LinkedIn recommendations from satisfied customers willing to provide testimonials.
- Post your presentations on your profile using a presentation application.
- Ask your first-level contacts for introductions to their first-level contacts.
- Share news articles and content posted elsewhere, with a summary of its value within your industry. Not only does this tactic add to your credibility, but it also feeds your contacts valuable information.
- Find experts in your field and invite them as a guest blogger on your blog or speaker at your event.
- Post job listings to find qualified talent.
- Be tactful in your interactions on LinkedIn. You may turn off prospects with hard-sell tactics.
- Set controls to receive LinkedIn messages in your inbox so you can respond right away.
- Aim to be active on LinkedIn and encourage company employees to participate as well.
Check out our Blue Archer LinkedIn